As a highlight of the evening, the Mildred Dresselhaus Award 2014 was presented to Prof. Roseanne Sension (center left) and Dr. Anouk Rijs (center right). Credit: UHH RRZ/MCC Arvid Mentz
CUI’s second New Year’s Reception in the Center for Free-Electron Laser Science on Thursday, January 15, startet with a champagne reception, followed by welcoming speeches delivered by
- Dr. Dorothee Stapelfeldt, Second Mayor and Minister of Science and Research of Hamburg,
- Prof. Dr. Heinrich Graener, Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Horst Weller, Speaker of CUI, Universität Hamburg.
Ceremonial presentation of the Mildred Dresselhaus Awards 2014 to
- Dr. Anouk Rijs, Radboud Universiteit, Niederlande
- Prof. Roseanne Sension, University of Michigan, USA
Prof. Arwen Pearson und Dr. Melanie Schnell delivered the laudations to honour the awardees’ outstanding contributions to physics and chemistry.
After the ceremony, a science show gave insight into the cluster’s research before food and drinks were served.
Music: “ARTIS GitarrenDuo”.
Also view: New Year’s Reception: Senator looks into the future of CUI